Finance Operations Specialist
A Bit About Us
We’re at the forefront of one of the most exciting evolutions of our generation - remote staffing. No longer do employers have to hire according to geography, and no longer do employees have to worry about proximity to work and daily commutes. Today, companies can hire the best talent they can find, anywhere in the world. But they need digital solutions to help them streamline the process...
We are Multiplier! Our global employment platform empowers companies to hire people all across the world by managing the complexities of local compliance, labor contracts, payroll, benefits, and taxes - all from one software system. It’s a game-changer!
We’re on a mission to impact economies of scale by enabling companies to hire the best candidate for the job, regardless of location. We’re backed by some of the best in the game (Sequoia and Tiger Global), led by domain-level experts, growing, and seeking brilliant like-minded enthusiasts to join our team.
A Bit About the Opportunity
The Finance Operations Specialist is responsible for managing the accounts receivable process and ensuring timely collection of outstanding payments. This role involves contacting customers, reconciling accounts, and implementing collection strategies to minimize bad debt and improve cash flow. The ideal candidate has excellent communication and negotiation skills, strong attention to detail, and a solid understanding of collection practices and principles. This role reports to the Director of Finance.
- Monitor and manage a portfolio of customer accounts to ensure timely payment and resolution of outstanding balances.
- Contact customers via phone, email, or other communication channels to follow up on overdue payments and negotiate payment arrangements.
- Maintain accurate records of customer interactions, payment commitments, and collection activities.
- Identify and resolve billing discrepancies or disputes in collaboration with the sales and customer success teams.
- Review and analyze customer creditworthiness and make recommendations regarding credit limits and payment terms.
- Prepare and send collection letters, statements, and demand notices to customers as necessary.
- Assess and implement appropriate collection strategies, including payment plans, legal action, or account write-offs, in accordance with company policies and guidelines.
- Collaborate with the accounting and finance and payroll teams to reconcile accounts, resolve discrepancies, and ensure accurate application of payments.
- Provide regular reports and updates on the status of collections, aging balances, and collection efforts to management.
- Maintain strong relationships with customers, acting as a point of contact for billing inquiries, disputes, and payment arrangements.
- Stay up-to-date with relevant laws, regulations, and best practices in collections to ensure compliance and optimize collection efforts.
- Identify process improvements and contribute to the development and implementation of collection strategies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Proven experience as a collections specialist or in a similar role, preferably in a corporate setting.
- Strong understanding of collections principles, practices, and relevant laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to interact professionally and tactfully with customers.
- English language expertise, both in writing and speaking
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with the capacity to identify root causes of payment issues and develop appropriate solutions.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Proficiency in using collections software and accounting systems.
- Knowledge of credit and collection laws.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Experience with ERP systems and customer relationship management (CRM) software is a plus.
What we’ll provide for you:
- Ability to contribute to this business at a high level.
- Autonomy within your role.
- Ability to work fully-remotely.
- Working with a compassionate, energetic, inspired, ambitious, global, and diverse team.
- Opportunity to grow within a fast-growth business.
- Competitive benefits, compensation, and culture of recognition.
- Unlimited holiday policy.
- A commitment to positively impact your career.